Seafin, like many yachts before her, has had to adapt to the times and at the moment that means rising (floating?) to the challenges that Covid19 has thrown at us. As a result, we are very pleased to make Seafin available for hire as a base for family holidays (subject to government confirmation).
Seafin provides a wonderful base for a holiday, whether it’s a ‘staycation’ for your family’s summer holiday or a getaway day for you and your social bubble. Read more about our Riverside Getaway Days and Riverside Staycation holidays.
Relax on the deck cushions, sun-loungers and beanbags on the upper deck … listen to music on the built-in speaker system … watch the kids play deck quoits and dominoes … read under the shade of the parasol with a glass of something cold in hand … go crabbing from Hamble foreshore … generally relax in a truly unique location.
• Fully equipped galley including dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridges and freezer
• Dining table for eight in the covered Aft Deck
• A selection of sun loungers, deck cushions, deck chairs and beanbags
• Wide-screen TV, DVD player, multi-deck speaker system
• Wifi (data limitations apply)
• On-board hot-water showers
• Standard UK, 3-pin electricity
• Beach towels provided
• Free car parking in the marina
• Starter cleaning pack provided
• Information about the Hamble’s tides and guidance about the best times for waterbased activities available daily from Seafin’s Operations Manager, Paul^
• Seafin is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each charter
Seafin makes a great base for exploring the Hamble peninsula – river walks, cycle routes and a trip across the river on the pink ferry*. Want more? Don’t forget all the possibilities courtesy of Seafin’s river location – paddleboarding, kayaking, rowing and adrenaline fuelled trips on the jetskis!
Whether you want to cook for yourself, make the most of the catering options that we offer or order a takeaway, you can enjoy your meals on the upper deck, with uninterrupted views across the Hamble and over to the Isle of Wight. Alternatively, take afternoon tea in the covered aft deck or have a freshly made picnic delivered to Seafin and find a secluded spot on the river.
In advance of your day on Seafin we will send you a video handover which tells you all about the yacht and on the day we will meet and escort you to Seafin and ensure that you are settled in.
Things for kids to do on a Seafin holiday
We understand that keeping the kids happy and occupied is halfway to a relaxing holiday so here are some ideas for things for thekids to do:
• Crabbing on the Hamble foreshore
• Kayaking, rowing & paddleboarding
• Deck games
• Walking and cycling around Hamble
• Collecting cockles from Hamble Spit at low water
• Hamble spy mission treasure trail
• Day at the beach
• Follow the Strawberry Trail
• Pick your own strawberries*
• Manor Farm Country Park, Royal Victoria Country Park and Swanwick Lakes Nature Reserve
• Bursledon Windmill *
• Royal Victoria Country Park scavenger hunt, play area and BBQ space (pre-booking required)*
• Watersports courses – dinghy sailing (any age), Jetski (minimum age 12 years), powerboat (minimum age 8 years), kayaking and paddleboarding courses*
• Shopping, bowling and cinema at Gunwharf Quays or West Quay *
• Watch a film on Seafin’s large screen TV
• Seafin treasure hunt
• Portsmouth Historic Dockyard attractions *
• Take cover in the saloon and covered aft deck and play games … deck twister anyone?
• Test the family’s problem solving skills with an online Escape Room
• Read a book and snooze on the sofa in the saloon
* Subject to the re-opening of these facilities
^ We will provide advice about tides and safety on the river but guests undertake any waterbased acitivties at their own risk. See our Disclaimer for further details