HPYC Policy Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Customer and Staff Safety
As has always been the case, the safety and security of our guests and staff remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus threat we have taken additional measures to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
– We have increased the frequency of cleaning our office areas (including surfaces and door handles) using anti-bacterial spray cleaner and a disinfectant that is effective against viruses
– In addition to our usual stringent valeting procedures which include the use of anti-bacterial cleaner, on the day of your charter we will again wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant, including the following areas:
• Door knobs
• Hand rails
– Our staff follow government guidelines to minimise the risk of spread of the virus and have been issued with hand sanitiser for use when they are not in a position to use soap and water
– Anti-bacterial spray surface cleanser is available (subject to availability) on board each yacht for your use during your charter. Due to current limited availability, we ask customers to please leave any remaining cleaning products and toilet rolls on board the yacht at the end of your charter.
– In fine weather we may carry out the final paperwork procedures outside our office, and in inclement conditions will request that the number of customers entering our office is limited to two people at any given time
– Handovers on board the yacht will as far as possible be carried out on the pontoon or within the cockpit rather than within the saloon area of the yacht
– Although we will carry out external checks as soon as possible on return of a yacht, where possible (ie, where a yacht has not been immediately re-chartered) we will leave 72 hours between return of a yacht and refuelling and carrying out internal return checks, to minimise risk to our staff. This may result in a slight delay in being able to confirm any post-charter costs to you.
– In addition to changing pillowcases, pillows will be exchanged for fresh pillows after each charter and used pillows will be left for a minimum of 72 hours before being reused
– Hired wet weather clothing will be kept aside for 72 hours after return from hire before being made available for reuse
We have placed a poster on board each of our yachts to remind you and your crew of the guidelines regarding protecting yourself against Coronavirus.
Charter and Sailing School Course Flexibility
Given the current unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our booking policies to give you extra peace of mind. For bookings made until further notice:
– If you or your crew are affected by Coronavirus or by quarantine or border closures then you may rebook your charter or course to another date providing that the revised departure date is within 12 months of the original departure date. If the rescheduled booking is more expensive then the price difference will be due; otherwise the price will remain unchanged.
– For booking departure date changes made more than two weeks in advance of your original departure date, there will be no charge to rebook your charter to another date. For modifications within two weeks of departure, a £100 admin fee will be charged.
– Where a charter has been deferred we will request the balance to be payable in two equal stages, the first being half way between the original charter start date and the rescheduled charter start date, and the second being two weeks prior to the rescheduled charter start date.
– Should you choose to cancel your charter rather than defer it to a later date – although our booking terms state that the balance of your charter is due should you cancel your charter within two months of departure (or for any cancellation in the case of Seafin), we will not be enforcing this clause and would simply retain your charter deposit.