HPYC POLICY REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Customer and Staff Safety
As has always been the case, the safety and security of our guests and staff remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus threat we have taken additional measures to make our cleaning and disinfection protocols even more rigorous:
We have implemented the government’s recommendations for a safe working environment including additional cleaning, barriers, social distancing, the provision of PPE and staggered working hours.
Our staff follow government guidelines to minimise the risk of spread of the virus and have all been issued with hand sanitiser, for use when they are not in a position to use soap and water, as well as disposable gloves, facemasks, visors and overalls.
• Anti-bacterial spray surface cleanser is available (subject to availability) on board each yacht for your use during your charter.
• In fine weather we will conduct the final paperwork procedures outside and in inclement conditions we will request that the number of customers entering our office is limited to one person at any given time.
• Video handovers and boat notes will be sent to you in advance of your charter and the final handover on the day will as far as possible be carried out on the pontoon. Our staff will be available to assist and support you in any way possible but will always follow our prescribed safety precautions.
• We will carry out external checks as soon as possible upon return of a yacht but will, where possible (i.e., where a yacht has not been immediately re-chartered) leave 72 hours between the return of a yacht, refuelling and carrying out internal return checks, to minimise risk to our staff. This may result in a slight delay in being able to confirm to you that the yacht has been returned in satisfactory condition and let know any fuel costs.
• Hired wet weather clothing will be “quarantined” for 72 hours before being made available for reuse.
• Pillows and tea towels are not currently being provided as part of your charter but are available for purchase as are sleeping bags and towels if required.
We have placed a poster on board each of our yachts to remind you and your crew of the guidelines regarding protecting yourself against Coronavirus.